Monday 11 May 2009

Training report May 3rd

We decided to go for our longest walk yet last weekend, almost 13 miles! Grant, Claire and myself (Elizabeth) met at Ocean terminal at about 1 and proceeeded along the coast to crammond, then along a cycle path back into the west end stopping at the office for a cup of tea. :) WE did an amazing job! finished in 3 hours and 6 minutes, plus we met up with Iain (one of our support team members half way and had a wee chat and water provided for us.

I had run in the Great Edinburgh Run earlier in the day (beat my time from last year, result!) So by the end of the walk I was knackered, but in a good way.

Our next task was to attend the information meeting on Wednesday at the Scottish Communities Office on Calton Road...Clair and I managed to make it there is 25 minutes with some serious power walking! My shins were still burning by the end of the hour meeting.

I'm glad we got training when we did, and accommodation will be fine, but our fundraising needs to get better! My goal this week is to put up a link on my social networking sites and get e-mailing all the clients I've worked with from CMA.... anyone have any ideas to raise £2500 pounds?

Back to work now, I'll update on the BIG WALK this weekend, we are doin 40 miles over 2 days, Sunday and Monday. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment